Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lovely as a tree

A friend (Hello Michelle!) came over last night to make a few christmas gift boxes, but once she saw the card I was planning to make, she decided she *HAD* to make one too! I needed to make a pretty spesh christmas card for my oldest son's teacher to go with the gift the class has made for her. I didn't have much in the way of original inspiration floating around in my head  (I think it was drowning in cider and peach Omni!), but after a bit of a blog surf, I found a gorgeous card on Becky Jensen's blog.  I have kept it pretty much the same as Becky's creation but decided to try out a new technique.  Michelle had some tissue paper with her, which led to our first attempt at the faux silk technique... and I think they turned out really well! I used Always Artichoke for my background, but I also love the Rich Razzleberry too. I'm debating about whether or not to add a sentiment to the front.. I don't want to take away from the reasonably clean and simple design with too much frou - any thoughts?






Stamps: Lovely As A Tree
Inks: Crumb Cake, Bravo Burgundy
Card: Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Other: Vintage Wallpaper ef, Scallop Trim Border punch, Dotted Scallop Border punch, tissue paper, Chantilly Crochet Trim


I've been a bit slack with the posts, mostly because of my poor little/old man. My Stoli had to go to the vet to have his ears removed and cryosurgery on his nose :( He's home now and feeling very sore and sorry for himself, and I don't blame him. I feel really horrible about it, even though I know it was the right thing to do.. the cancer was getting worse and I didn't want it to spread and cause him more problems. Hopefully in a couple of weeks the stitches will be out, his fur will be growing back and he'll feel a bit like his old self. He's a gorgeous old man (14 years!) and I love him to bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment