Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter treats!

It's only a week away... the visit from the fluffy white Easter Bunny!! Here are the cute little treats we made at my Easter workshop last weekend - I know, how very slack of me having taken nearly a week to post them!

These little toppers were pretty quick to make - and everyone at the workshop got to make 6 of them! A few M&Ms inside and they're ready for the kids to find on Easter Sunday. I can't take credit for inventing these myself, but there are so many floating around on the interwebs that I'm not sure who to credit the original idea to. I think I took some elements from a few different sites, and made up a few of my own because I didn't have the right punches :) But isn't that how it all works?

These little cuties I found on Jill Coleman's blog, and I thought they would be a really quick addition to the workshop. Great to put a few mini choc eggs in and have at the table for the big family lunch :)







I wish I'd remembered to take a photo of the cute little basket I made for the door prize... some more punch art, but a cute little chick hatching out of his egg this time! Oh well... maybe next year I'll remember!

An exciting footnote: my new craft space is almost ready!! Well, by "almost ready" I mean that it's been framed and the plaster has been put up, and the extra lights & outlets have been added. So all that's left really is painting, floor covering and moving all the stuff back in. It'll be done in a jiffy!*

*that's a Dalton jiffy (approximately 3 months), not the technical one the brainy people use (In astrophysics and quantum physics a jiffy is, as defined by Edward R. Harrison, the time it takes for light to travel one fermi, which is the size of a nucleon. One fermi is 10−15 m, so a jiffy is about 3 × 10−24 seconds.) Thanks Wikepedia!

No comments:

Post a Comment